Monday, January 4, 2010

It's 2010, Let the Domination Begin

"I’ve got it set in my mind,
I’ll be a mountain disguised this year.
I will bow for nobody else"
from "Resolution" by Umphrey's McGee

Wow. It’s been a long time since anyone posted anything on this blog spot. But it’s a new year, and with it comes new resolve. I think that we’ve made some good strides in the last couple of years, but I’m hoping that this is the year that we really step out of the shadows of mediocrity and become the force that I know we can be.

We officially started the 2010 training season yesterday at my shop in the city. Zeke, Tommy, Cory and I spent a little over three hours kicking, stretching, doing drills, and playing games. It seems as if the shop is going to be the “place to be” for weekend sessions until Mother Nature allows us to take it outside once again. Hopefully we’ll be able to get more than just the four of us for future sessions.

I’m going to let Zeke post a story after each session, mainly because I like his take on the way things went. Zeke- please post each story as a new entry, and I’ll follow up in Comments with stats on games won and lost. Cory will be analyzing video and adding stats on unforced errors, spikes, digs, etc. whenever possible. Let’s use this blog spot as a way to track our improvement as the year goes on.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I resolve to finish the sponsorship proposal and bring you printed samples tomorrow. Happy New Year!

Zeke said...

Cool, i'll probably do a separate topic for my solo training sessions or weekday sessions with Ronnie when the need arrises. I may to a year in review too.

Zeke said...

"I was not the most talented player but I worked my ass off. For over 15 years I practiced 6 days a week, 6 hours a day all summer long. In the end I won a lot of matches against better players because I was practicing more than they were"
~Yves Archambault~