Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Session 011010

Another fun indoor session on Sunday. In attendance were Scot, Cory, Greg, Ted, Bryan, Tommy, Ronnie and myself. With everyone's help we had the ground swept, lines taped down and nets set up in no time. Warm-ups were rushed as well since we were all eager to start playing. We played to 21 points using rally scoring. Winning teams played on the "A" court and losing teams played on "B". We switched partners before every game.

I finished 3-6 winning with Scot, Greg and Ted ( I think, I should write it down after games). Played with Ted and Ronnie twice but never got to team with Cory. I played ok, about as well as the previous weekend. Same problems; serve returns, oversets and left foot lameness. Served out a few times too. Bryan knows to serve high and behind me and Cory will often serve to my left side.

Had a good day offensively. I turned 2 of Ronnies oversets into a pair of wicked toe jams. Got a jumping sunback that came in from a sharp angle and dropped steeply into the front court for a surprising kill. Tommy gave me a low and shallow set from the back court that I managed to side axe (love those). Side axed another set that tattooed Bryan. One big ass shtataff. Hit a standing bitchslap that had a hint of pulldown. Fucking sweet.

Defense was ok. Not great, not terrible either. Very few instances of shot/serve gazing. I really need to drill left outsides because it's starting to piss me off. I did try to be a bit more vocal and call stuff out but its very easy to get lost in all the chaos.

I'll add more later, probably as comments. Busy at work.

3 comments:

Scot Hansen said...

I think this was the records for the day. I could very well be wrong...
Cory 6-3
Greg 6-3
Scot 5-4
Ted 5-4
Tommy 4-5
Bryan 4-5
Zeke 3-6
Ronnie 1-8

Zeke said...

I think I'll get into the habit of recording a quick video of results onto my phone after every game. This should help me keep better track of my w/l record. I was initially thinking of printing out something similar to a judges score card or entering it in the notepad on my phone but video is the quickest and easiest way to do it I think.

Scot Hansen said...

My numbers don't add up, so I must be off somewhere. I'm guessing that Greg was 5-4 and that Bryan was 3-6, but I don't know for sure. It doesn't really matter at this point.